Collecting data carries risk and our qualified team of lawyers are able to guide you through the requirements, processes and ramifications under the Data Protection Act (DPA) (2021 Revision). HSM is at the forefront of this legislation as our Data Protection Specialist and Paralegal, Cory Martinson, was a member of the legal committee that drafted the DPA Regulations in the Cayman Islands.
Our team offers advice, assistance with, or processing of:
- Personal data breaches;
- Data subject access requests;
- Data subject complaints;
- Ombudsman investigations, information orders, enforcement orders or monetary penalties;
- Judicial review of Ombudsman decisions;
- Privacy impact assessments;
- Bespoke data protection training;
- International data transfers;
- Data processor agreements;
- Marketing and direct marketing guidance;
- Contract review for DPA compliance; and
- Act as a Cayman Islands Representative for companies without a physical representative in the islands as required by s 6 of the DPA.