Last updated January 2020.
The Group is dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is protected and your information is secure. Any information collected will be used in accordance with this privacy statement and the Law. We cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us online, however, we do our best to safeguard your information.
The Group may change this policy from time to time without giving notice by updating this page, therefore, we recommend that you revisit this page periodically.
What We Collect
We store a variety of information if you are a client of The Group and the reason for this is to provide clients a seamless and customised service. Information about you may include:
- Personal: full name, employer, job title or position and your relationship to a person at The Group.
- Contact: (including, but not limited to) – email, phone number, mailing address.
- Financial: billing or payment related information.
- Identification: any compliance information and documentation which is required for The Group to perform its legal and regulatory requirements. This may include, but is not limited to, identity information such as your passport or drivers license, date of birth, nationality, place of birth and country of residence and other information concerning your background (which may include sensitive information such as criminal records), source of wealth or funds information and business or financial references for you.
Personal and contact information is also collected from potential clients at conferences where business cards have been submitted by that person to The Group.
Personal, contact and identification information is also collected from employees of The Group. Information shared may also contain details relating to education, employment history, qualifications and immigration status.
How We Collect
We collect visitor information from the following areas of our website:
- Communications with our team – if you send an email to any member of our team we will use your details to respond to your request/comments.
- Contact us – if you send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org we will use your details to respond to you.
We collect client information through our terms of engagement form and any communications with us in relation to the engagement.
Use of Collected Information
We require this information to better understand your needs and in particular for the following purposes:
- To monitor and enhance the features of this website;
- To facilitate and improve our delivery service;
- To compile anonymous statistical information;
- To establish and manage our client and business relationships and to provide legal advice to clients as instructed;
- To meet our legal obligations; and
- To facilitate any other legitimate business purposes.
Sharing of Data
Where sharing of personal data becomes necessary this shall be kept to a minimum and shall only be done in accordance with the Law.
Storage of Data
The Group has adopted security measures with information technology specialists to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure and/or copying.
We will retain your data for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfil our legal obligations to you in relation to our duties to you under the terms of our engagement, following which we shall destroy your personal data in accordance with the Law.
Controlling Your Personal Information
If you would like to receive a copy of the information we have collected about you please send an email to email@example.com.
You may also request that we amend or delete the information collected. Please inform us if any personal data that we hold is out of date or inaccurate. Please do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.