The HSM Group is proud to once again offer a legal internship for the 2020/21 academic year in partnership with the Cayman Islands Further Education Centre (CIFEC). The team at HSM has welcomed 11 interns: Destiny Russell, Shyanne Stewart, Paris Read more +
Global Restructuring Review (GRR) has just released their GRR 100 2020 Guide and HSM has made its debut on this list. GRR 100 is an annual publication that features the world’s leading law firms for cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters. Read more +
HSM’s Dispute Resolution practice has once again been recommended as a leading firm (Cayman Islands) in The Legal 500 Caribbean 2021 edition. Our attorneys Ian Lambert (Partner) and Adam Crane (Senior Associate) received a special mention in their analysis. The Read more +
Who’s Who Legal (WWL) has recommended Robert Mack in their recently released 2020 Private Client Guide (Cayman Islands). Robert Mack is the Head of Private Clients and Trusts at HSM and specialises in private and commercial trusts including purpose/STAR, reserved Read more +
HSM Immigration Ready to Assist: Cayman's Global Citizen Concierge Programme
Work remotely in paradise? The Cayman Islands has made this a reality with their Global Citizen Concierge Programme, which allows persons with financial independence to live in the Cayman Islands for up to 24 months. It is available to anyone who can demonstrate their existing (and anticipated ongoing) employment outside of the Cayman Islands.
Key characteristics of Cayman’s Global Citizen Concierge Programme include:
- Created in October 2020.
- Available until 30 November 2023.
- Individual applicants must make a minimum household income of US$100,000 for single households.
- Applicant with an accompanying spouse/civil partner must make a minimum household income of US$150,000 for two person households.
- Applicant with a spouse/civil partner and dependent child or children must make a minimum household income of US$180,000.
- The government fee (per annum) for up to two persons is US$1,469 and an additional $500 per dependent.
- The holders of these certificates are expected to reside in the Cayman Islands for a minimum of 90 days each year.
HSM’s Immigration team is available to assist with these applications and have prepared a guide of the different options available for residency in the Cayman Islands.
Click on the icon below to download this guide.
Last updated: 22 October 2020.
This guide is intended only to provide a summary of the subject matter. It does not purport to be comprehensive or to provide legal advice. No person should act in reliance on any statement contained in this guide without first obtaining specific professional advice. Alternative solutions also exist which may better suit the requirements of a particular individual or entity.