HSM advises on all aspects of the vessel registration process in the Cayman Islands and maintains excellent relationships with the Cayman Islands Shipping Registry and is listed as a maritime services provider/partner.
We guide our clients quickly and efficiently through the vessel registration process in the Cayman Islands and can assist with the related company formations, financing and leasing transactions.
We offer our clients expert legal advice on a wide range of shipping-related matters in the Cayman Islands, and are able to give the full suite of registrations. In particular, we are able to advise on the registration of all types of vessels for both commercial and private use at one of Cayman’s three ports.
We have extensive experience advising financiers, vessel owners, brokers and management companies on a broad range of shipping transactions, and regulation in connection with:
- Vessel Finance
- Vessel sale, purchase and registration
- Vessel building contracts
- Ownership structuring (including set up of vessel owning companies, joint ventures and partnerships)
- Set up and administration of special purpose vehicle structures
- Demise charter registration
- Broking and management arrangements
- Crew contracts and employment matters including Maritime Labour Convention
- Mortgage registration and enforcement
- General pleasure yacht and commercial shipping inquiries
- Maritime disputes and accidents
- Vessel arrest and detention
- Cayman Islands special economic zone companies – Maritime Services Park
- Listing of shipping companies on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange
We can also assist with Company Formation and HSM Corporate Services Ltd. provides registered office services.